You will find some helpful resources and all our policies under this tab.
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Essential Oil Grades
The difference in essential oil grades are as follows:
- 100% Pure Essential Oils (Aromatherapy Grade) are extracted from a single botanical source and a specific geographical area. The essential oils are pure, unadulterated, and may be used therapeutically. The aroma profile for these oils will vary slightly from season to season.
- Certified Organic Essential Oil is exactly the same as the 100% Pure Essential Oil above, and the only difference is that a governing body has tested the said essential oil, and issued certification.
- Essential Oil Blends are either a Pure Blend, meaning that more than one essential oil has been blended together, or the Blend has been diluted with a carrier oil. The product will specify whether it is a pure blend or a blend in a carrier oil. The blends use 100% Pure Essential Oils.
- Standardised Essential Oils (Cosmetic Grade) are natural blends using the majority from the named species (usually above 90%) with added natural extractions from other oils to boost the scent profile to reflect the standardised specification. This ensures consistency and reliability in the aromatic profile (scent), and would be used in the perfume and cosmetic industry.
Essential Oil Dilution Recommendations
Essential Oils are highly concentrated, and should always be diluted with a carrier oil for therapeutic use. There are some oils that are safe to use directly on the skin, however it is better to be diluted than not. Below you will find recommended dilutions.
1% Dilution or Less – Children over the age of 2 / Facial Applications / Long term use / Daily use
2% Dilution – Children / Bath and Whole Body Products / Massage Oils / Leave-On Body Products
3% Dilution – Rinse Off Products / Specific localised discomfort
5% Dilution – Short term use for a specific concern (not longer than 2 weeks)
10% Dilution – Small areas of concern / Acute situations / Perfume
Can Essential Oils be Used On Children
Many essential oils are appropriate for use on children but should be diluted with a carrier oil prior to use. Children are more likely to have adverse reactions to essential oils than adults, so it is important to know how to use them safely.
- Never use undiluted oils directly on skin.
- Don’t add undiluted oils to bath water.
- Don’t overuse essential oils.
- Don’t use Peppermint essential oil on children under 30 months old.
- Don’t use essential oils near the eyes, ears and nose.
- Apply a patch test first on a small area of the skin and wait 24 hrs to see if there is an adverse reaction.
Dilutions for Children:
0.5% – 3 to 24 months
1% – 2 to 6 years
1.5-3% – 6 to 15 years
Is there a Physical Shop where I can view the products
No, we do not have a physical shop, and trade exclusively online.
Can I collect my order
Yes, arrangement can be made to collect your order. However, the processing time still stands, being 2-5 working days, depending on how big the order is. Should you wish to collect the order, please send us an email on email@example.com and we will then contact you when your order is ready for collection.
What Payment Method do you accept
We accept secure payments through Payfast, as well as EFT payments.