Cocamidopropyl Betaine – Surfactant
Mild amphoteric surfactant derived from coconut oil. Easily water soluble in a wide pH range. pH is 5-6 in a 10% aqueous solution. Contains 30% active substances (remaining 70% is water). Clear yellow liquid, no or faint odour. Water-soluble.
INCI Name: Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Very mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic, non-ionic, cationic surfactants
- Useful also as primary surfactant as it has good cleansing and foaming properties
- Slight viscosity enhancer
- Excellent conditioning and antistatic agent
- Moderate emulsifying properties
Use: Can be added to formulas as is. Recommended use level 4-40% depending on desired foaming and cleansing effects. For external use only.
Applications: Body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, hair conditioners, cream rinses.
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived ingredients