Hydrosol – Frankincense
Hydrosols can be used in an endless number of ways. Most hydrosols are virtually clear and water soluble. Misting and spraying hydrosols is the most popular way of using them.
Hydrosols can be blended to achieve greater synergism between the individual hydrosols. Experiment and create unique aromatic combinations.
- Facial Spray: Close your eyes and lightly mist your face.
- Body Spray: Lightly mist your body to feel cooled and refreshed.
- Gentle Hair Fragrancing Spray: Mist your hair to leave it hydrated and lightly fragranced.
- Deodorant Spray: Mist under arms to help prevent body odour. Hydrosols with antibacterial properties can be especially helpful in minimizing body odour.
- Foot Spray: Mist the tops and bottoms of feet to help control foot odour and to refresh your feet. Hydrosols with antibacterial properties can be especially helpful in minimizing foot odour.
- Air Freshening Spray: Use hydrosols to freshen a room and to benefit from the emotional and therapeutic properties. Simply spray the hydrosol within your space as you would any room mist. Do be careful to avoid furniture, other people, pets, open beverages and foods.
- Linen Spray: Use hydrosols to freshen and fragrance sheets, towels and other linens.
- Car Freshening Spray: Mist the interior of your car, avoiding polished, painted and fragile surfaces.
- Garment Freshening Spray: Lightly spray clothes (avoid sensitive and delicate fabrics) to impart a gentle aroma and to help eliminate unpleasant musty, smoky or other odours.
- Calming Spray: Mist your room, body and face using Frankincense hydrosol to help reduce stress and anxiety, and induce a sense of calm.
- Meditation/Prayer Spray: Can be used to help enhance meditation and prayer.
- Wound Sprays: Hydrosols can be used to help kill germs and promote the healing of minor wounds, cuts and abrasions.
Other Common Hydrosol Applications:
- Facial Toner: Simply spray after cleansing, as a toner, before moisturising.
- Men’s Aftershave: Hydrosols can be adapted for use as a men’s aftershave.
- Compresses: Hydrosols can be chilled or warmed and used in place of water for compresses.
- Aromatic Substitute for Water in Personal Care Recipes: Enhance your lotion, cream, room mist and other recipes that call for water. Substitute skin-safe hydrosols for the water called for in your recipes.